Usage Instruction of Crestor
It is important to take the drug as prescribed by a physician. Patients should be compliant to the following usage instructions to maximize Crestor drug therapy:
- Avoid taking the drug in large or small quantity. Moreover, do not take it longer than recommended.
- It can be administered with or without food
- Do not break or chew the tablet
- The tablet should be swallowed whole with a glass of water
- One tablet is recommended every day
- Crestor should be taken at the same time every day
- While taking drug, eat low-fat diet, exercise on regular basis and maintain ideal body weight.
Rosuvastatin Dosage Instructions
Crestor dosage for an individual is dependent on a few factors. These factors include condition for which they are being treated, severity of their cholesterol profile, other medical conditions that they have, and other drugs taken by them. The recommended starting dose for Rosuvastatin are listed below:
- The recommended dosage of the drug is 10mg tablet taken one in a day.
- In case patients have high cholesterol level, the recommended dosage is 20mg of tablet taken once in a day.
- For children (10-17 years old), the recommended dosage is 5 mg per day. It can increase up to 20mg in a day.
- Patients who are treated just for having history of heart attack or stroke are recommended with the initial dosage of 20mg of tablet.
Crestor Missed and Over Dosage
In case a patient have not taken their scheduled dosage and missed it, they are advised to take it as soon as they remember it. However, if it is the time to take next dosage, skip the missed dosage and resume with normal dosing schedule. Taking two doses at the same time to make up a missed dosage is not recommended.
If a patient has taken over dosage of the drug, they need to report to a doctor immediately and seek medical intervention.
In order to maintain the shelf-life and integrity of the medication, it is important to store it at room temperature in between 25-30 degree Celsius. Keep the drug away from heat, light and moisture. Moreover, he drug should be kept away from the reach of children as well as pets.