Sitagliptin Usage Instructions
Patients should follow the exact usage instructions given by the doctor or given in the leaflet of the drug to obtain optimum result from the drug. One should follow the given usage instructions while using the drug:
- Januvia tablet is taken once in a day.
- The drug can be taken with or without food.
- The tablet should be taken at the same time every day to maintain an even level of the drug.
- To have the best effect of the drug it is important that patients take this drug in adjunct with the diet and weight control regimen.
- One should never adjust alter the dosage without consulting with the doctor.
Recommended dose of Januvia for the treatment of type 2 diabetes is 100 mg of table taken once in a day. However the dose can be changed for patients who have been diagnosed with some other problem too. Patients suffering from kidney problems are prescribed with lower dose of the drug. One should stick to the doctor’s prescribed dosage to have best effect of the drug. Altering the dose of the drug without the doctor permission can adversely affect the patient’s health.
Missed Dose and Overdose of Drug
On missing a dose of Januvia, patients can take the drug immediately after remembering it. If the time for the next dose is approaching then patients should skip the missed dose and resume with the regular dosing schedule. Patients must strictly avoid doubling the dose of the drug.
If overdose of the drug Januvia is suspected in any patient, then the patient should be provided with medical attention immediately. One can also contact to the local poison control centre for seeking necessary advice. Some of the overdose symptoms are fast heartbeat, sweating, irritability, weakness, headache, confusion and stomach ache. All these symptoms indicate low blood sugar in the patients.
Patients must keep the following storage instructions in mind, in order to maintain the quality and efficacy of the drug till the very end.
- Store Januvia at average room temperature 20 to 25°C
- Keep the drug away from direct light and moisture
- Medications must be kept away from children and pets
- Properly discard this product when it is expired
- Do not pour medication in toilet or discharge it into drain