Singulair Usage Instructions
Follow important usage instructions given by doctors for getting the desired benefit of medication. Some of those instructions are:
- Do not increase or decrease the dosage without doctor’s consultation
- Swallow tablet as a whole with water
- Chewable tablet need to chew properly before swallowing
- Mix Oral granules of Singulair with rice, mashed carrots, etc., before swallowing
- Oral granules need to consume within 15 minutes of opening and mixing it with liquid.
- Irrespective of the fact there is an improvement in symptoms or not, patients are advice not to stop taking the drug without doctor’s consultation.
- Take the drug same time every day.
- This medicine does not treat acute asthmatic attacks.
- Some patient may experience dizziness or drowsiness after taking this medicine, so they should avoid operating machinery or driving after administering it.
Singulair Dosage Instruction
Factors like age of patient, medical condition, and medical history are considered before recommending the dosage to patients.
The recommended dosage of Singulair for asthma is:
- In adult and children 15 year and above, one 10 mg tablet taken every day
- For children 6-14 years old, 5 mg tablet should be taken every day
- For young children lying in the age group of 2-5 years old, 4mg tablet taken on daily basis.
- For children 12-23 months old, one packet or oral granules taken one every day is recommended.
For exercise induced Bronchoconstriction, the recommended dosage is:
- In adults and children 15 years and above, one 10 mg tablet taken every day. The dosage should be taken two hours before doing exercise.
- For children 6-14 years, 5 mg chewable tablet is recommended two hours prior exercise.
For allergies, the recommended dosage is:
- 10 mg tablet taken on daily basis for adults and children 15 years and above
- One 5mg tablet taken on daily basis for children 6-14 years old
- 4 mg chewable tablet or oral granules is recommended for children 2-5 years old.
Singulair Missed and Over dosage
If a patient misses the schedule dosage of Singulair then the patient can take it upon remembering. If time to take next dosage has arrived, one should skip the missed dosage and resume with normal dosing schedule. Do not take more than one dose in a day to compensate with missed dosage.
In case of over dosage, seek medical attention immediately or call at Poison help line number.
Store the drug at room temperature between 25 and 30 degree Celsius. Keep the drug away from reach of children and pets. Avoid exposure to heat, light and moisture.